The Word of God, in its entirety, is the basis and foundation of this Church and is summarized in the following:
1. We believe in the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 12:6-7).
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:10, 26).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:5-8).
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are sinners by nature and thereby are in need of salvation (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-3).
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died according to the Scripture as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by faith in His shed blood (Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; II Corinthians 5:19-21).
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate (I Peter 1:3-5; Acts 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1-2).
7. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, and that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19; Proverbs 28:13).
8. We believe that the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to catch up His people to meet Him in the air is imminent. We believe that this will usher in the 7 years of tribulation upon the earth as described in Revelation 6-19. (I Thessalonians 1:10; 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Revelation 3:10; I Corinthians 15:51-58).
9. We believe in the personal, visible, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom upon the earth (Revelation 19:11-16; 20:1-6).
10. We believe that there are two ordinances in the church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, setting forth the essentials facts in redemption -- the death and resurrection of Christ; also, the essentials facts in the experience of the believer -- death to sin and resurrection to newness of life. The Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s death, until He comes (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41; 18:18; I Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 8:35-39).
11. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; 11:25-26; Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13).